Castlemaine Community House is a welcoming place, bringing people together to connect and strengthen our community.
Castlemaine Community House is:
- a learning centre
- a meeting place
- a not-for-profit enterprise
- a drop-in centre
Castlemaine Community House is a membership organisation. You can support the work of the House by becoming a member. We invite you to join if you support our statement of purposes and share our values. Annual membership is only $10 ($5 concession). Membership expires each year on 30 June. Please contact the Community House or download, print and return a Membership Application Form
Statement of Purposes
- To promote self-help and mutual support among all interested members of the community of any age or sex.
- To provide a friendly informal meeting point for people on a regular basis in a community facility.
- To offer opportunities for the development of basic skills for better living.
- To actively reduce social isolation within the community.
- To organise social outings, speakers and activities that will be of interest to people and/or of an educational nature.
- To offer information abut different actvities, resources and groups in the community.
We value the inherent dignity and equality of all people regardless of their circumstances.
We value equality of opportunity, social inclusion and consistency of outcome for all.
We value our responsibility to the community and the environment in line with our Mission and Vision.
We value consistency between word and deed.
We value the acceptance of personal responsibility.
We value working together with all communities to meet community needs.
Annual membership is only $10 ($5 concession). Membership expires each year on 30 June. Please contact the Community House or download, print and return a Membership Application Form.