Saverplus: help to save for education expenses
Saver Plus assists individuals and families on lower incomes to build assets and improve financial capability, and has supported thousands of lower income earners to develop a lasting savings habit.
Saver Plus offers:
- up to $500 in matched savings for education costs
- fun, free and informal financial education workshops
- assistance and support from a Saver Plus coordinator to establish a savings goal and develop a savings habit.
Participants make regular deposits towards a savings goal over a 10-month period and attend workshops to build their financial management skills. When participants reach their savings goal, ANZ matches the amount – up to $500 – towards education costs including uniforms, text books, laptops, sports equipment, music tuition, TAFE or apprenticeship costs, and much more.
To be eligible for the program you must:
- have a health care/ pension card,
- be at least 18,
- have some regular income or a partner with income
- be in education or have a child in education.
For more information please see https://www.bsl.org.au/services/money-matters/saver-plus/
Remote Site Coordinator, Saver Plus
Brotherhood of St Laurence
Level 1, 219 Johnston Street Fitzroy VIC 3065
T (03) 9445 2429 I M 0439 935 709
. . . and don’t forget you may be eligible for a loan from the No Interest Loans Scheme, which you can access through the Castlemaine Community House.